That’s right. Today is November 23, 2016. To Whovians, this day is one of rejoicing. It’s been 53 years since the very first episode came out, back in the 60s. Since then, Doctor Who has become a major part of pop culture, not only in Britian where it originated, but also in other countries. It has developed a huge fandom following. The original series, first airing on November 23, 1963, was produced for 26 years until 1989. The show was cancelled, but thankfully revived in 2005.
To celebrate (since I wasn’t able to have any of my Whovian friends over 😢), I made cupcakes! And I’m just going to talk about the fantastic show. I’ll probably watch an episode or two as well.
Let’s play a game. Doctor Who
twenty thirteen questions. Feel free to comment!
1) What’s your favorite episode?
2) Which Regeneration is your favorite?
3) Who’s your favorite companion?
4) Which villain is your favorite? Least favorite?
5) Which DW ship is your favorite?
6) What’s your favorite Doctor Who quote?
7) What’s your favorite thing about the show? Least favorite thing?
8) If you were the Doctor’s companion, where would you want to go first?
9) Which was sadder for you: Rose and Ten being separated or Amy and Rory’s deaths?
10) Which episode scared you the most? Cry the hardest? Laugh the most?
11) Have you watched Classic Who?
12) Do you wish Christopher Eccleston had stayed for more than one season?
13) Which TARDIS interior is your favorite? If you’re like Ten, which is your least favorite?
For me personally, 1) I don’t really have an all-time favorite episode. Actually, I take that back. I do have a favorite: ‘Vincent and the Doctor’. It’s so beautiful how the episode portrayed life – a pile of good things and bad things. In my opinion, that episode has the most meaning. I find myself tearing up every time I watch it.
2) I’m also undecided between the Doctors. They’re all so special and funny in their own ways. But right now, Eleven is probably my favorite. Or maybe Ten. But Twelve is just awesome. But Nine was the one who made me love the show in the first place. See, I can’t decide.
3) Favorite companion. Now that’s a little easier for me. It’s Clara. Runners up would be River and Rose. 4) As for villains, my favorite has been the Weeping Angels since I first watched ‘Blink’ (which was the second episode I saw). Least favorite? It’s a toss up between the Daleks and the Cybermen. I HATE both. Well, it’s more like I love to hate them. 5) My favorite ship is one I’ve contemplated for awhile. At first, it was Ten and Rose. And while I still adore them together, I really ship Eleven and River. However, my heart was destroyed when Danny died because I loved him and Clara together so much. Still, the TARDIS is the only one who will always be there for the Doctor, even if she doesn’t always take him where he wants to go. Honestly, I ship the Doctor and his TARDIS the most.
6) Favorite Doctor Who quote… Hmm. This is also a tough one. I love all of the funny dialogue, like when the Doctor himself references the Empty Child/The Doctor Dances episodes, or “Mr. Thick Thick Thickity Thick Face from Thicktown, Thickania and so’s your dad!” But my favorite quote is probably from ‘Vincent and the Doctor’.
“The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant.”
7) My favorite thing about the show. I love the fact that it’s science fiction and wibbly-wobbly. But I also love the way the characters, the plot, the everything, come to life when you watch it. I feel like I’m a part of the show every time I watch it and I love that. I love how it makes me think, makes me laugh, makes me cry, makes me want to keep watching. Least favorite thing? That Netflix had the audacity to take it off. RUDE! Is that all they are now? Rude and not ginger?
8) If I was a companion, I’d really want to anywhere the Doctor wants. I love how he gets all excited about planets and adventures. And for question number 9, I think both are equally sad because both destroyed a part of the Doctor. He loved Rose and he loved Amy and Rory. They’re his family.
Question 10: Night Terrors scared me the most. Dolls are terrifying. I cry everytime I watch ‘Doomsday’, but I sobbed during ‘Vincent and the Doctor’. ‘The Angels Take Manhatten’ was pretty bad too. And I laughed the most at ‘The Doctor’s Wife’ episode. I loved how the TARDIS interacted with the Doctor. But that episode made me cry pretty hard as well.
11) No, I have not actually watched Classic Who. But don’t hate me. I really want to and I will eventually.
12) Yes. I was very sad to see Nine go, because he was my first Doctor. But I loved his farewell scene, when he says that Rose was fantastic and that he was too. I thought that was wonderful.
And finally, question 13. I’m partial to Eleven’s TARDIS interior. So while I absolutely love Ten, I disagree with him on this one. I personally don’t have a least favorite.
This show means a lot to Whovians across the globe. So I want to hear your answers! And if you have any extra questions to play, I’d love to hear those too! Now if you excuse me, I have some episodes to watch. Allons-y!